Many entrepreneurs would wish to visit the United States and establish or expand their business ideas. There exist several categories of US Visa; migrants can use to travel, for instance, green card or available business opportunity like the one employed by Danilo Diaz Granados with his boutique, Toy for Boys.
Below is the list of ways you can go to America as provided by Danilo Diaz Granados.
- Foreign investors: (Visa EB-5). This is a kind of visa that requires you to invest $1 million in an urban area business and $500,000 for a business located in rural area.
- Employment visa: Visa EB-2 (C). For a working visa under variety (C), all you require is an advanced degree or exceptional ability within your field of expertise. Also, ensure that your reason to go to the United States has a national interest.
- Treaty Investor Visa: Visa E-2. This kind of visa requires you to open a business in the United States and invest at least $100,000. Your country of origin must be in the list of investors treaty
- Unique skills: Visa O.1. This is a visa granted to those people who possess exceptional skills which include having excellent skills in business. For example developing an app that gained positive popularity, but you also need an employer to sponsor you at work.
- Visa L1. For you to have this kind of visa, you must be holding an executive position in a company that operates both in your country as well as in the United States. You must also have been with the company for at least a year for the past three years.
- Visa H-1B: This is a visa for employees, and all that is needed is a certificate of work and the stop number of Visas to be granted. You can as well use this working time to discover your business there while using the H-1B visa.
- B-1 visa: It is a business visa which only lasts for three to six months, but it can be extended just once for more six months. You cannot use this visa to work, but you can at least develop networks which can be helpful later.
- The newest way, which is good news for future entrepreneurs is the Startup Visa though it is not yet passed into law. The condition for this kind of visa is that you must invest $100,000 and hire at least two Americans in the first year of operation.
About Danilo Diaz Granados
Danilo Diaz Granados is the founder of Toys for Boys boutique located in Miami. He has an extensive history in finance after acquiring a degree in entrepreneurship and economics from Babson College. Danilo provides advice and vision to the business community after serving as an investment consultant in different companies in Miami and acquiring excellent experience.